Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Am I doing the "Parent" thing right? I sure hope so!

This is just one of my rambles and venting so if you wish to just pass on it is fine. If you have any idea what I am going through please leave a comment.

This post is about me as a Parent. I sometime question if I am doing the right things for my kids. Joey is my first born and I guess I can say that he is kind of my experiment kid. I mean I guess what I am trying to say is that I am doing so many firsts with him as a mom.

Joey has an attitude that just mystifies me. Some days he is just fine and then they are days that he will have the attitude from hell as I like to put it.

I am so afraid that I am not doing the right things. Sometimes I think I am too hard on him and expect him to be perfect. I know that he will never be it, as none of us are. I have said it before he has good grades and overall is a good kid.

Is if it right for me to sometimes be jealous that he prefers to be with his friends and his girlfriend than snuggle in the couch and watch a good movie with me?

He is growing up so fast and he will be heading to College in 3 years! Do you know how fast 3 years can go by?

Am I selfish to feel that I am loosing him?

4 comments:

Pug Mama said...

I can be no help to you, mamacita.
I'm gonna lock all my kids up, and not let them leave me.
evah.
'nuff said.

Yoly said...

Ayyy, mija....yeap they grow up and they become independent. He is acting as any other teenager and the umbilical cord is getting loose.

My mom use to say....
A son is a son until he finds a wife
a daughter is a daughter all of her life.

Boys will be boys.

Yoly said...

Hey...your are doing a great job. Don't worry, he loves you a lot.

Steffie B. said...

It's hard to let them grow up.....I'm sure he knows you love him! ;0