Saturday, August 4, 2007

YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!

So today I woke up and decided to retouch some paint in the house and re-arrange some furniture.

Needed to go to the store to get some supplies, and on my way back home right in the corner of my house I get pulled over.

When Mr Cop asks me if I am aware of why I am being pulled over I honestly ask him that I do not. I said "I had my signal light when I turned right". Mr Cop says "Ma'am while taking the turn the the stationary radar got you at 54 mph and this is a 40 mph zone". I just look at him and tell him that I am 100% sure I was not doing 54 mph cause if he looks at my vehicle (BIG ASS SUV) I would top over...

He just looks at me....

I know by this time that no matter what I f*cking tell him ( Excuse the language I am pissed!) he could care less and I will get a ticket....

He comes back with a ticket for $161.50 I look at him and tell him "Are you serious, can I see the radar reading"

He just ignores me and tells me what options I have to pay this ticket and just dismisses my request to see the radar...
\He proceeds to leave and ends with "Now you have a nice day Ma'am"

I am stunned... I know for sure I was doing less then forty and I was braking to take the sharp turn to the right.

I got home crying I was so pissed. On Monday I will call the court and request to have my case reviewed.

I have the highest respects for our law enforcement, but sometimes you just bump into some that woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Does anyone think I have a chance at court or should I just pay the ticket. And what the heck in a stationary radar?

This is the type of vehicle I drive

5 comments:

kitchu said...

NO, contest it, take it to court, I'm so serious. You have a right to see that radar... and how in the HELL can anyone take a corner at 54 mph, much less in your huge tank?! If you happen to have any friends that are lawyers, I'd get their advice too- and if they can show up with you on court day, even better.

The good news is, if the COP doesn't show up on court day, the judge will ask you if you want a continuance (reschedule) and you just say "no" and it's dropped cuz COP didn't show...

I'm sorry this happened to you. I had a recent ticket that was just as effing stupid!!

Pug Mama said...

I have an even bigger SUV then that. IMPOSSIBLE to take a turn doing 54. IMPOSSIBLE!!!!
fight it.
asshole cop.

redmaryjanes said...

I would contest it, he's fibbing. I got pulled over last year for going 2 miles over the speedlimit. Crazy

EdotR said...

wow....that sucks...I fought a ticket a while back for the same reasons...and won!!

insanemommy said...

F-I-G-H-T IT!!! Yeah, like we beleive you would be hugging the rail in that thing. Shzzz. He's a moron.