Thursday, May 15, 2008

Quickie! A la Bullet Style

  • Well Mickey is feeling much better. BUT when we took him to the Doctor we were told that he had HFMD (Hand, Foot And Mouth Disease). He is doing much better.
  • I had a lovely Mother's Day. My boys woke me up with Breakfast in Bed and gave me this lovely gift
  • Joey decided to dress his Momma more hip and brought me some clothes of the Ecko Red line! Too Funny!
  • Joey had his Annual ROTC awards on Tuesday night. He was given the Academic Excellence Award, Physical Fitness Award and Cadet of the year Medal! Can you say PROUD MOM! (I have not had time to upload pictures but will try and upload them tonight, be sure to check back)
  • Joey will also be receiving High Honors Awards this coming Tuesday. I will not be able to attend but my Mom will go with my sister so I will at least see pictures!
  • Speaking of my Mom. She had minor surgery on Tuesday to have a small cyst removed from her breast. Because of the high rate of Cancer in our Family it was best for her to have it removed. My Aunt died of Cancer and my other Aunt was just diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer last month. The doctor says everything should be OK, but the mass was sent to the Pathology lab and we should have the results soon! Please keep my "Mami" and my "Titi" (Aunt) in your prayers.
  • Joey was also selected to attend a ROTC Summer Camp in Lake Wales, FL. He was one out of 240 students in the state of Florida! This camp usually cost well over $1,000 for 4 nights and 5 days. My cost is only $10.00!!!!!! Can you say WOOOOO HOOOOOO! I am so glad he will have this experience!

3 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Wow, Joey is an amazing young man. Great job!!

I will pray for your mother and aunt. Cancer just seems to be creeping into so many families. Hang in there friend.

Yoly said...

A big hug to Joey, we are all proud.

Nice gift, wow. Hope your mom is doing well.

Hugs,

Steffie B. said...

Check out that Bling.......I'm blinded! lol